Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Do you Tweet?

It seems that the World is all a twitter. Everywhere I turn these days Twitter is being proclaimed as the new 'Facebook' of Social Media. Twitter describe themselves as "a free social messaging utility for staying connected in real-time." All this in 140 character bite sized chunks.

Maybe I am missing something but why would you want to know what your friends are up to 24/7? What would you talk about when you do catch up (in real life)? I am sure there are some interesting people to follow on twitter but who has the time to update it continuously?

It will be interesting to see what the future holds for Twitter. It certainly has had plenty of money invested without having produced any revenue whatsoever. According to Wikipedia Twitter cetainly has plenty of advocates. 6 million people surely can't be wrong? They obviously just have more time than me.

I will persevere with it and let you know if I become hooked but i've not got my wings yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment